Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Too much free time.

Many years ago my friend Jason and I discussed doing a comic with a character based on the late, great actor Warren Oates. Of course, we never actually DID anything, but it was fun to think about, and I drew this character a few times. There is just something about him that has always intrigued me. He wasn't the greatest actor by any means, but he had a certain quality about him that you just don't see anymore in Hollywood. It was in that spirit that I decided to make this piece. It doesn't mean anything at all, it's just Warren Oates punching a robot. Nuff said.

b


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. It's like if Magnus Robot Fighter was my drunk uncle...

September 06, 2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger brook Turner said...

Thanks, Max! I may color it up in photoshop someday...that is if I ever learn how to USE photoshop. It's on my to-do list.

September 06, 2005 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember our plans for this guy quite well. Maybe someday we can get around to telling his story,(though I'll have to dig out my story notes to see just when did a robot come into my original story)
Jason

September 08, 2005 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would make a great postcard to sell. I LOVE the robot smashing Warren Oats!

Now if you could draw a Power suited Janet Reno fighting a giant space monster we would be all set.

September 09, 2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger brook Turner said...

Thanks,Freddly! Or maybe John Ashcroft VS a Sleestak.

September 09, 2005 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Gary Peterson said...

I love Warren Oates and I love your illo of him. He would make a great model for a character. I hope you and Jason keep the idea simmering on the back burner. -- Gary P

December 18, 2009 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home